Welcome to day 8 of NanoPoblano! Today I’m pleased to announce that I am a recent winner of the Mystery Award! Much thanks to Laura over at Phrogmom for that!
Three Things About Me:
- As well as being a book blogger here on WBW, I am also an artist. You can find my illustrations over on DEANKEALY.COM.
- I’ve also just launched a new blog for my comic strips called Dean’s Digest.
- I am currently doing a one-year e-business and cloud-management course, and I really don’t know how I am juggling the blogs and my course work all together!
- Consulations Many Forms
- Granny Reports Blog
- Don BroJo
- The Seeker’s Dungeon
- Sunshine. Whimsy. Tacos.
- The Heartsong’s Blog
- Sarah Nicole
- TooFullToWrite (I’ve Started So I’ll Finish)
- Cats And Chocolate
- Hasty Words
A Link To My Best Post:
Blackbird Books: 1 Year Later (according to WordPress, this is my most viewed blog post).
5 Questions for me to Answer:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging initially to share my artwork. Then I realised I had a passion for writing and writing about the books I was reading, so I started this blog to start that too. I didn’t start to become a successful blogger, I started blogging because I had something to say and something to show people, and that’s what I am doing.
2. What have you learned about yourself since you started?
I have learned to make friends. When I started blogging, I didn’t know anyone else who blogged, and I didn’t know any other bloggers out on the internet. It wasn’t until I started commenting on other blogs that I realised that these people are very like-minded, and I’ve quickly made friends with lots of new people!
3. What is your favourite thing to do when you get to choose?
My favourite thing to do is to write blogs. When I am not doing anything else, I usually sit myself down in front of my computer and start writing!
4. Are you right-handed or left-handed?
I am left-handed! And I wouldn’t choose not to be for the world. I love being left-handed and the fact that it’s rarer than being right-handed means I am different. Also left handed people are more creative and that is indeed what I am. Creative.
5. What do you collect?
What don’t I collect! I collect books, graphic novels, comic books, Pop! Vinyl figures, Lego Mini-Figures, notebooks and sketchbooks… do you want me to go on?
This is why the award was created :
“There are a lot of amazing blogs out there that haven’t been discovered, yet. And, most of these blogs deserve recognition. For that reason, I decided to create my own award; and nominate people who can also nominate others; and so on. This is one of the best ways to create a friendly community and build a link between bloggers in the blogosphere; as everyone gets nominated and they too can spread the fun by nominating more people for the award. I decided to call the award “Mystery Blogger Award.” Why? Because the meaning of my name, “Enigma” is “mystery.” So basically, it’s named after me; the creator. Plus, I think it’s cool because there are so many blogs that are still a mystery to us; and when we get to know them, it’s divine! And we find friends where we least expect.”
WHAT IS THE MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
You have to post these rules (Do not change any of these rules) in your blog too. I do not force everyone to do this. But by doing this we are helping each other. There are many talented bloggers out here who haven’t got enough exposure.
By reblogging this post and making your own sufficient changes (no changes for the rules) you are helping yourself and others too. If you have any question, feel free to ask. Thank you!
My questions to my nominees are:
- What do you love most about blogging?
- What is the best thing to come from blogging for you?
- If you were told you could only ever write ONE more blog post, what would it be?
- Let’s pretend you are sitting beside yourself as you’re about to write your first ever blog post. What would you tell your former self?
- You’re commissioned to write a blog post for a celebrity/author/entrepreneur promoting their newest product on your blog. Who/What is it?